Services for Delaware Law School Faculty During the COVID19 Outbreak
How to reach a librarian
- Email: [email protected] Email is the preferred way to reach us.
- Phone: 302.477.2114 (leave a message and we will return your call).
- Chat: use the chat box at the bottom of the library’s webpage (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Online consultation is available via Zoom if you need more in-depth assistance. Send us an email [email protected] to schedule.
- The library is closed at this time.
Doing research and accessing databases from off-campus
- All of our online databases are available from off campus. For some of them you will need to login using your Widener login ID and password. For Lexis and Westlaw use your assigned username and password. If you have any difficulty accessing a database send us an email [email protected]
Other library material
- If you have materials checked out please keep them for now. All fines will be waived. We will let you know when we reopen and can accept them back.
- We cannot provide paper materials at this time.
- Check the library catalog – if material is available electronically there will be a link to it in the catalog. If you have any trouble accessing or finding something, email us, [email protected].
- Interlibrary loan - Restricted to electronic resources only.
Online teaching support
- CALI Lessons – online interactive tutorials – If you need the Widener CALI authorization code email us [email protected]
- LibGuides - We are available to create custom subject specific Library Research Guides (LibGuides) to assist you and your students. Feel free to use any existing guide in your courses.