Legal Studies Experience On Your Resume
Some job postings listed through the Legal Studies program office encourage five or more years of experience in the legal field as a requisite for applying for the job opening. Do not let this prevent you from applying for the job. If you have any experience to share, including experience as a legal secretary or even as an intern, be sure to list your experience on your resume and apply for the job: Use your education and practical experience with the Legal Studies Office as a focus on your resume.
If you would like to have your resume reviewed prior to submitting it for a job position, please contact the Legal Studies office, 477-2205, or the Office of Career Development, 477-2163.
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS August 1-31, 2018 ***
(updated: August 16, 2018)
Paralegal - Wilmington, DE
The Castro Firm, Inc. is seeking a hard-working, reliable paralegal who is in the process of becoming certified or currently certified to work in their high-paced practice in the personal injury and family law departments at their Wilmington Riverfront office.
A PARALEGAL’S JOB DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Handling all pre-litigation personal injury and family law matters;
- Client intakes, drafting letters to insurance companies and court;
- Speaking daily to clients and adjusters regarding status of cases;
- Ordering and organizing medical records/binders;
- Dealing with minor’s petitions; settlement loan companies and the like;
- Drafting settlement demands and other pleadings;
- Keeping clients abreast of their legal status; dealing with doctor’s offices
- Going to court to file documents, when needed;
- You will be trained by your supervising paralegal and attorney on these functions
- High school diploma or equivalent a minimum;
- Paralegal Certification preferred (or in the process of becoming certified)
- Some legal experience preferred
- Good communication and organizational skills, being patient and kind to our clients
- Commensurate with experience and education.
Any interested applicants can e-mail their resume and cover letter to [email protected] or call us at 302.225.5700 for more information.
PARALEGAL POSITION – AUGUST 9, 2018
The position is for either an entry level or experienced paralegal for a seasoned general practitioner who handles a large volume of personal injury litigation in PA and DE. The applicant must be proficient with the entire Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365. The position is a full-time, paid position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The successful applicant, to the extent needed, will be trained by the attorney and/or a seasoned paralegal who is transitioning into retirement after more than a decade with the firm. In addition to the applicant’s salary the firm offers a 401K with employer matching and two weeks of vacation per year. The office is usually closed between Christmas and the new year and that is paid as well. Though many members of the firm do not require health insurance, the firm does pay for health insurance for those needing the same.
Please send resume to Al Greto at [email protected].
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS July 1-31, 2018 ***
(updated: July 18, 2018)
IT Contract Specialist
BDP International seeks an IT Contract Specialist for the following job duties:
- Will be responsible for full life cycle of contract and vendor management.
- New Contract Negotiations
- Contract Renewals
- Maintain Approved Vendor Lists
- Maintain Application Portfolio
- Maintain List of all active contracts
- Maintain IT NDAs
- Ensure timely renewal or cancelation of all contracts
- Will work collaboratively with Legal department
- Will work with IT Financial Specialist to ensure costs for contracts are all recorded correctly
- Work with various IT department leaders on contractual needs
- Monitor Software License Compliance
- Ensure proper approvals are in place to finalize contractual agreements
- Review and track SLA’s. Take actions as needed (penalties, terminations, cost savings, etc.)
- 1-2 years paralegal experience
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Chief Legal Officer
BDP International, Inc.
510 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
+1 (215) 629-8297
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS January 1-31, 2018 ***
(updated: January 11, 2018)
Bayard, P.A. seeks a bankruptcy paralegal with a minimum of 3 years of experience in handling Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases. The paralegal will complete assignments that require knowledge of legal concepts and procedures, organizational and time management skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with legal professionals, employees and clients.
- E-filing and service of pleadings in bankruptcy and adversary cases
- Maintain all case-related materials according to office filing standards
- Draft routine notices, motions and petitions/li>
- Prepare trial and hearing notebooks/li>
- Accurately maintain calendar of critical dates/li>
- Prepare fee applications/li>
- Use word processing, spreadsheet and legal software applications to enter data, process information, prepare billing statements, keep timesheets, perform conflict searches, and open new client files with accurate billing rates
- Keep abreast of current and relevant updates in bankruptcy law
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy Court and Federal Rules and Regulations
- Minimum of 3 years of bankruptcy paralegal experience
- Experience with both creditor and debtor representations
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Electronic filing experience
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
Bayard, P.A. offers an extremely competitive salary and benefit package, including medical/dental insurance, group life insurance, 401(K), and parking subsidies.
Widener University Delaware Law School makes no attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings. The job opportunities shown on this website are compiled based on a variety of resources. Given that situations change rapidly in the marketplace, we do not and cannot guarantee that openings listed through this site will still exist, as posted, at the time of inquiry.
Widener University Delaware Law School makes no representation or guarantee about positions listed and is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of employment. It is each individual’s responsibility to thoroughly research the integrity of each organization to which he or she is applying. As with any job posting/public forum, the applicant should take all care and caution and exercise due diligence when applying for or accepting any position.