Legal Studies Experience On Your Resume
Some job postings listed through the Legal Studies program office encourage five or more years of experience in the legal field as a requisite for applying for the job opening. Do not let this prevent you from applying for the job. If you have any experience to share, including experience as a legal secretary or even as an intern, be sure to list your experience on your resume and apply for the job: Use your education and practical experience with the Legal Studies Office as a focus on your resume.
If you would like to have your resume reviewed prior to submitting it for a job position, please contact the Legal Studies office, 477-2205, or the Office of Career Development, 477-2163.
Check Back Often for Updated Job Postings.
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS February 1-28, 2021 ***
(updated: February 15, 2020)
Paralegal - Wayne, PA
A small, close-knit, professional law office seeks an ambitious, goal-oriented, organized paralegal. The candidate should currently be available to work 10-15 hours per week with possibility to grow into additional hours, possibly full-time.
Our office specializes in Collection Litigation and breach of contract for several Fortune 100 companies. The ideal candidate would be able to learn and grow with the office, while being able think independently and critically. The perfect candidate will have experience in legal/collections practice and a working knowledge of court and legal documents, but this is not required. The ability to learn quickly and think critically is most important. Some general duties are listed below, but the position allows for considerable independence and increased responsibility with experience.
1. Assisting in the drafting of Complaints, Motions, Executions, and other court filings
2. Reviewing and booking new file placements
3. Assisting with Discovery and coordinating and preparing documentation for trials
4. Liaison with a network of local counsel throughout the country
5. Open and process mail, general office administration
6. Contacting debtors to resolve disputes and collect on accounts
• Competence in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Access and Excel
• Strong written communication and Internet search skills
• Experience with Wincollect software a plus
David M. Thomas, Esq.
150 E. Swedesford Road
Wayne, PA 19087
Entry Level Paralegal - Permanent - Wilmington, DE
JURISolutions is seeking an entry level paralegal for a permanent opportunity with our client, a boutique litigation firm, located in Wilmington, DE.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is eager to learn, and ready to work with an existing team.
This candidate must be tech savvy, Mac and Relativity experience is a plus. A Paralegal Certificate is required.
This is a full-time permanent role, onsite, with flexibility to work from home. The company offers competitive benefits including, PTO, Health, 401k.
If you are interested in discussing this role, please send your resume and the best time for you to speak to Kaitlin Marsi, [email protected].
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS January 1-31, 2021 ***
(updated: January 4, 2020)
Paralegal - Wilmington, DE
A high-volume litigation practice is looking for part-time Paralegal intern for the Wilmington office location of Baird Mandalas Brockstedt. The firm strives to deliver personal service at a high-level of sophistication to our clients. The ideal candidate must be a well-organized, deadline oriented, and highly motivated professional with a strong attention to detail. They must have the ability to work under pressure, multi-task, adapt to changes, and communicate effectively with clients and fellow employees.
The applicant will assist with copying, scanning, faxing, filing, conducting client intake, opening client files; drafting documents, maintaining both paper and electronic documents; trial file setup, scheduling in-house and remote appointments, maintaining calendars, and providing general administrative support to the attorneys.
The position is on site and will need to be in-person in the office 6-9 hours a week, working 2 to 3 hours, 2 to 3 days a week, during office hours. Masks must be worn while in the building and in the office.
The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook and Word.
Applicants should send cover letters and resumes via email to the HR contact, Heather Alleman ([email protected]), and please copy Nicole Faries ([email protected]) onto the email as well.
The cover letter should explain why the applicant wants the position and why he/she feels it would be helpful to his/her education and future employment.
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS October 1-31, 2020 ***
(updated: October 23, 2020)
Legal Assistant - Casarino Christman Shalk Ransom & Doss, P.A.
Keep cases organized and updated; maintain attorney calendar; meet deadlines; documents actions; input accurate and complete information into Time Matters and TABS; e-filing with JP Court, Chancery Court, and District Court; must be proficient and able to adapt quickly to new technology in all programs used by the Firm, such as Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe and Olympus; must be able to interact with attorneys, co-worker’s and client’s in a professional and respectful manner; Must understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of office matters.
- Responsible for maintaining attorney calendar, advise of deadlines, urgent items and alerts.
- Review and respond to emails; save to Time Matters
- E-filings in Delaware
- Schedule depositions; confirm court reporters
- Prepares letters to the adjuster with mediation date and time as well as clocked answers, medical and billing records received; discovery responses received; obtains authorization to obtain plaintiff’s medical records
- Communicates with the adjuster, insureds, opposing counsel, deponents, and court personnel to resolve outstanding issues and facilitate correct handling of litigation
- Accurate use of suspense system
- Completes all document preparation; notices of deposition and outgoing discovery
- Uses checklist developed by the Firm.
- Prepares subpoenas; check request; outgoing payments saves to Time Matters
- Reviews all incoming motions, adds to attorneys’ calendar and suspense
- Prepares scanned mail; save into Time Matters; prepares excel spreadsheet for the attorney to review
- Opens and sorts new files; run conflict checks
- Maintains billable time sheets for attorney and attorney’s assistant
- Help with training for new employees as needed
- Phone coverage for receptionist
Contact: Jacki Emma, [email protected] or 302-594-4509.
Widener University Delaware Law School makes no attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings. The job opportunities shown on this website are compiled based on a variety of resources. Given that situations change rapidly in the marketplace, we do not and cannot guarantee that openings listed through this site will still exist, as posted, at the time of inquiry.
Widener University Delaware Law School makes no representation or guarantee about positions listed and is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of employment. It is each individual’s responsibility to thoroughly research the integrity of each organization to which he or she is applying. As with any job posting/public forum, the applicant should take all care and caution and exercise due diligence when applying for or accepting any position.