Services for Delaware Law School Students During the COVID19 Outbreak
How to reach a librarian
- Email: [email protected] Email is the preferred way to reach us.
- Phone: 302.477.2114 (leave a message and we will return your call).
- Chat: use the chat box at the bottom of the library’s webpage (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Online consultation is available via Zoom if you need more in-depth assistance. Send us an email [email protected] to schedule.
Studying and Study Aids
- CALI Lessons – online interactive tutorials – If you need the Widener CALI authorization code email us [email protected]
- West Academic Publishing online study aids - Free for the remainder of this semester. Register with your Widener email address at https://subscription.westacademic.com/
- West Academic Publishing is offering complimentary online casebooks, for required course materials for students who don't have access to a print textbook.
- VitalSource Bookshelf has free ebooks for students. This includes some law school casebooks and study aids including the Examples and Explanations series. Use your Widener email address to register.
- WoltersKluwer is also offering free access to online casebooks at https://www.casebookconnect.com/free
Doing research and accessing databases from off-campus
- All of our online databases are available from off campus. For some of them you will need to provide your name and library barcode number. This is the number printed on the back of your Widener ID. For Lexis and Westlaw use your assigned username and password. If you don't have your barcode number or have any difficulty accessing a database send us an email [email protected]
Other library material
- If you have library materials checked out please keep them for now. All fines will be waived. We will let you know when we reopen and can accept them back.
- We cannot provide paper materials at this time.
- Check the library catalog – if material is available electronically there will be a link to it in the catalog. If you have any trouble accessing or finding something email us [email protected].
- Interlibrary loan - Restricted to electronic resources only.