Featured Distinguished Alumni
Our over 12,000 alumni are as diverse as their interests, areas of focus, locations, and career paths, but they share one commonality – they are shining examples of the success of The Delaware Way; a nationally distinguished culture of civility, integrity, and mutual respect.
Among this group of talented individuals are current and past presidents of the Delaware, New Jersey, and Philadelphia bar associations; and more than 150 sitting judges, including one sitting Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court. Legislators, an Attorney General, a radio personality, and a former newspaper owner and publisher – the list goes on. These Delaware Law School alumni have made an impact in their respective fields and, in so doing, in the lives of others.
While we are immensely proud of all of our alumni and their collective commitment to embodying The Delaware Way, some have established a national reputation or excelled in a way that has garnered public recognition. Their accomplishments, and those of all of our alumni, are the greatest measure of our success.
Some of our distinguished alumni include:
- Dawn Marie Addiego, New Jersey State Senator
- Peter J. Barnes III, New Jersey Assemblyman
- Christopher A. Brown,New Jersey State Senator
- Bryan Cutler, Pennsylvania Assemblyman
- Karen Cochran, Chief IP Counsel, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Carl Danberg, former Delaware Attorney General
- Claire DeMatteis, Senior Vice President, General Counsel; Chief Compliance Officer; Corporate Secretary, Affinity Health Plan; former Senior Counsel to U.S. Senator Joseph Biden (1994-2004)
- Domenick DiCicco, New Jersey Assemblyman
- William P. Fedullo, former Philadelphia Bar Association President (2014)
- Risa Vetri Ferman, former District Attorney, Montgomery County, PA
- Jon D. Fox, former United States Congressman
- Tom Houghton, former Pennsylvania Assemblyman
- William Lee Howell, head of Global Programming/Manager of the Managing Board - World Economic Forum, Switzerland
- Wayne Kimmel, founder and manager of Seventy-Six Capital, a venture capitalist fund
- Steven Krein, co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of StartUp Health
- Kevin P. McCann, former New Jersey State Bar Association President (2012-13)
- Mike Missanelli, sports radio personality in Philadelphia, PA
- Michael K. Newell, Chief Judge, Family Court, New Castle County, DE
- Scott Reid, Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of PA
- Kenneth Rothweiler, Fox 29 Television Network legal analyst
- Cynthia Ryan, General Counsel, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, Washington, D.C.
- Yvonne Takvorian Saville, former Delaware State Bar Association President (2014-15)
- John E. Savoth, former Philadelphia Bar Association President (2012)
- Curt Schroder, Pennsylvania Assemblyman
- Joseph Schumacher, President and Chief Executive Officer of Goddard Systems
- John C. Sigler, former National Rifle Association President
- Lee Solomon, New Jersey Supreme Court Justice
- Brian Tierney, former publisher of The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News