Applying to the Legal Studies Program
Applying to a Legal Studies program at Delaware Law is easy—and does not require an application fee.
August 1st for the fall semester;
December 1st for the spring semester
May 1st for the summer semester (session one);
June 15th for the summer semester (session two)
Applications may be submitted after the stated deadlines, however, we encourage you to apply early to ensure timely processing of your application.
- Apply easily online.
- Request that your high school, college, or university forward an official transcript of your academic record. If you have earned a bachelor’s degree, send only your official college transcript. To verify the transcripts are official, they need to be sent:
- Via email directly from the school to [email protected] or
- Via mail directly from the school to Legal Studies Admissions, Delaware Law School, 4601 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803.
- A personal interview with an advisor is strongly recommended for all transfer students. Please submit your application and an advisor will contact you shortly.
- Factors considered in the admission process include the following required materials to be submitted with your application:
- proof of high school completion
- college transcripts (if any)
- one letter of recommendation
- personal statement (essay concerning why you wish to pursue your chosen degree program and how you think this degree will further your professional and personal goals, 1-2 pages, single-spaced)
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY! You will be directed to Widener University’s application portal. When you start your application, choose the application type: "Continuing Studies."
Attention Transfer Students! Please review our Policies for Transfer Students.
The application steps are illustrated below:
Have questions before you apply? Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.